Welcome to our website. This website is owned, operated, managed, and controlled by RealEstate Talk Limited.
RealEstate Talk Limited is a private limited company formed, organized, and registered under the laws of the United Kingdom, having its registered address at Premier Business Centre 47-49 Park Royal Road London, NW10 7LQ. bearing company number: 12834415.
In this policy document, references to “we”, “us” or “our” are references to RealEstate Talk Limited. References to “you”, “your” and/or “yours” in this policy document are references to users accessing our sites and applications
1) What are Cookies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies can be disabled or removed by tools that are available in most commercial browsers. The preferences for each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options.
There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
- First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are set by a third-party site separate from the site you are visiting.
- to provide our services that are web-based, improve your experiences, understand how our services are being used, and customize our services
- to remember your choices, such as your language preferences, ad preferences and otherwise to customize our services for you and
- to rank and customise Ads on our website based on popularity, understand mobile versus desktop users of our web-based services, or understand popularity and effectiveness of certain of our web pages.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Provide products and services that you request and to provide a secure online environment
- Deliver marketing and to manage our marketing relationships with our third-party marketing partners
- Give you a better online experience and track website/app performance
- Help us make our website/app more relevant to you.
Cookies help us tailor our websites to your personal needs, to improve their user-friendliness, gain customer satisfaction feedback on our sites and applications and to communicate to you elsewhere on the web.
We keep all the information collected from cookies in a non–personally, identifiable format. Our cookies located on your computer do not retain your name or your IP address.
3) What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of cookies that are available in different sites, however our websites and applications use only the following cookies:
- Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our sites and applications and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used. Using Functional cookies, may allow us to serve you content tailored to your interests and save you the time of having to re-register or re-enter information when you re-visit us or try to access certain member-only sections
- Advertising – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our sites and applications, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Necessary cookies: These are cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of a website. Without these cookies, our sites will not work properly, and we are unable to provide some products or services that you might request. You would be asked for your informed consent before proceeding to use our sites and applications. If you do not wish to provide consent, we would recommend you to not use our sites and applications. This category of cookies cannot be disabled. These cookies are used to:
- enable you to log into the secure areas of our website/log into the app
- track errors on our website/app and enable us to report incidents to our regulators
- deliver interactive services,
- keep our website/app secure and protect against online fraud
- Session cookies: Session cookies are temporary cookie files which are erased when you close your browser. When you restart your browser and go back to the site that created that cookie, the website will treat you as a new visitor.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies are set by us through the usage of our third-party providers and allow us to record certain information about you, such as the pages you visit on our web site; how many times you visit our website; and links you might click on. We use this type of cookie to understand and analyse how visitors use our online services and look for ways to improve them. For example, a cookie might tell us that lots of people give up on an application process at a particular step – so we can try to make that step easier to complete.
4) Cookies used on our Website
We use Google Analytics to carry out statistical analysis of page use, page interactions and paths through the Website to evaluate and develop our Website. This is known as ‘digital analytics’. We may also record certain information that customers provide during a Website purchase or other process.
This information allows us to understand individual behaviours and needs more accurately. For more information on how Google uses the data collected via this service, see here: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
To opt out of being tracked via Google Analytics, you can also use Google’s opt-out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
In their own words
For more information on how Google uses the data collected via this service, see here:
5) How to control and delete cookies
Preference Centre – If you want to restrict or block the cookies on our site, you can do this at any time through your Cookies Preference Centre by clicking by clicking on the ‘Manage Preferences’ button below. Please note that if you set your browser or device to disable cookies, certain of our Services may not function properly
Browser Settings – Many of the cookies used on our website and through our emails can be enabled or disabled through your browser settings. The ‘help’ function within your browser should tell you how, or you can find out by visiting: www.allaboutcookies.org/managecookies/clear-cookies-installed.html, or search the internet for other independent information on how to delete cookies. You can set your browser to delete all past cookies and to disallow third-party cookies.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies. If you delete cookies relating to this website, we will not remember things about you, and you will be treated as a first-time visitor the next time you visit the site/page/app.
Legal Notice Update
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this policy document. Please refer to this page from time to time to review these and new additional information.
For more information on the new legislation regarding cookies, see the Information Commissioners Office’s website – https://ico.org.uk/