RealEstate Talk Limited is a private limited company formed, organized, and registered in the United Kingdom, bearing company number: 12834415, having its registered office at, Premier Business Centre 47-49 Park Royal Road London, NW10 7LQ.
We provide digital marketplace for our members so that they can advertise properties online. “Our members” include individual landlords, property investors, individual property buyers,
tenants, new homes developers and overseas property owners, property service providers such as mortgage advisors, solicitors, surveyors, removal, builders, architects etc. We are not an estate agency.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices with respect to personal data.
1.2. RealEstate Talk Limited is a data controller in respect of personal information that we process in connection with our business (including the products and services that we provide) either through the use of our website and/or mobile applications.
1.3. In this policy document, references to “we”, “us” or “our” are references to RealEstate Talk Limited. References to “you”, “your” and/or “yours” in this policy document are references to persons whose personal data are collected by us whether directly and/or indirectly through any third party.
2) How we obtain your personal data
2.1. As part of our business practices and the services we provide, we regularly receive personal data from you. You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We generally collect your personal data in the following ways:
- when you use our Services.
- from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you register for an
account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution or when you otherwise correspond with us.
- When you browse or interact with our website(s) or use any of our services from our mobile application(s).
- When you provide your personal data to us in other circumstances, such as when you request details about or attend a company sponsored event, or correspond to us as part of any email or marketing campaigns
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website(s) via your browser’s cookies.
- Information that we gather through cookies or similar tracking tools (e.g. pixels) when you use our websites. Advertising or targeting cookies or similar technologies may also
be used to track your responses to particular adverts, messages or forms, which helps us to ensure we present you with the most relevant content in the future.
2.2. While ordinarily, you would provide us with your personal data directly, in some cases, we may collect data about you from other sources as follows:
- We may gather your data from publicly available sources, such as the press, the electoral register, company registers and online search engines.
- We may gather your data when you log in to our sites or mobile apps through any social media network, e.g. Facebook, Google, etc.
- We may gather information from you when you contact our customer services team
3) The personal data that we process
We collect and process various categories of personal information at the start of, and for the duration of, your relationship with us. We limit the collection and processing of information to information necessary to achieve one or more of our legitimate purposes as identified in this policy document.
3.1. Personal information may include:
- basic personal information, including name, address, contact details, personal and professional title.
- Contact information, such as your physical address, email address and phone number(s)
- financial information, including account and transactional information (We use Stripe
Payment gateway for the payment of our services. For further information in relation to your data stored by Stripe Payment gateway, please refer to the following Link
- visual images and personal appearance (such as profile pictures) and
- Technical information (including your IP address), such as information from your visitsto our website or applications or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically
- Information you may provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events organized and sponsored by us
- Information you may provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events organized and sponsored by us
3.2. Personal data also includes data that you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Information you provide when posting an ad, responding to an ad or other transactionbased content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
3.3. Personal data also includes data that we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
- Location information, including location information from your mobile device. Please note that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device’s settings menu.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
3.4. Where permitted by law, we may process information about criminal convictions or offences and alleged offences for specific and limited activities and purposes, such as to perform checks to prevent and detect crime and to comply with laws relating to money laundering, fraud, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, and international sanctions. It may involve investigating and gathering intelligence on suspected financial crimes, fraud and threats and sharing data between banks and with law enforcement and regulatory bodies.
3.5. We allow our users to engage in conversation through our messaging provision enabled in our mobile application(s). Please note that we do retain your messages in the ordinary course of providing our Services to you. Once your messages (including your chats, photos, videos, voice messages, files, and share location information) are delivered, they are stored on our servers. Your messages are stored in our central database. To improve performance, we may retain that content on our servers for a longer period.
4) How we use your personal data
4.1. We use the data we obtain from you (subject to choices you make) to
- operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, market our Services,
- provide you with a personalized experience on our sites,
- contact you about your account,
- provide you customer service,
- provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and
- to detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
Additionally, we use the personal data we collect from you for a range of different business purposes and according to different legal bases of processing.
Below is a summary of how we use your data
4.2. We use the information we have, to operate and provide our Services, including providing customer support, and improving, fixing, and customizing our Services. We understand how people use our Services and analyse and use the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, research, develop, and test new services and features, and conduct troubleshooting activities. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
4.3. We verify accounts and activity and promote safety and security on our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms, and to ensure our Services are being used legally.
4.4. We use the information we have to communicate with you about our Services and features and let you know about our terms and policies and other important updates. We may provide you marketing for our Services.
4.5. We do not currently allow third-party banner ads on our sites and mobile application(s). We will update this policy when we allow third-party banner ads.
4.6 We help users, who use our services, measure the effectiveness and distribution of their services and messages and understand how people interact with them on our Services.
4.7. We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. This includes:
- Processing that is necessary for purposes of the legitimate interests of RealEstate Talk Limited
- For any purpose related to the foregoing or for any purpose for which you provided the personal data to us.
- Improving our Services, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience.
- Contact you via email, postal mail or telephone in order to offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our Services, as authorized by applicable law.
- Contact you about public policy matters, or other current events, related to your ability to use our Services. This could include an invitation to join a petition, letter writing,
call or other sort of public policy related campaigns.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
4.8. If you have given us your express consent, we may process your personal data for additional purposes. Additional purposes for which we may process your personal data may include:
- Communicating with you with respect to legal developments, announcements, events in relation to our products and services which may be of interest to you
- Distributing surveys or marketing materials
- Gathering information regarding your preferences to improve the quality of our communications and interaction with you, such as through website analytics or the tracking of our client publications and
- Any other purpose for which you have given consent.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and we will honour the same.
5) Changes to the way we use your information
5.1. From time to time we may change the way we use your information. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect such a change, we will notify you and will allow a period of at least 30 days for you to raise any objections before the change is made. However, please note that in some cases, if you do not agree to such changes it may not be possible for us to continue to operate your account and/or provide certain products and services to you
6) How we share your personal data
6.1 You share your information as you use and communicate through our Services, and we share your information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. We may disclose your personal data to other members of the RealEstate Talk Limited corporate family and/or to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us:
- to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations,
- to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities,
- or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services.
6.2. We attempt to minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your consent.
6.3. We do not provide the phone numbers of the users on our website and/or mobile app. However, if you have used email address or phone number in the “Name” or “Nick Name” fields in your profile, this may be visible to other users of the website and/or mobile app. The in-built chat functionality can be used to communicate with other users of the website and/or mobile app. You may decide to share your contact details directly to other users via chat message however we do not recommend the same.
6.4. Users and businesses with whom you communicate may store or reshare your information (including your phone number or messages) with others on and off our Services.
6.5. We work with third-party service providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. When we share information with third-party service providers in this capacity, we require them to use your information on our behalf in accordance with our instructions and terms.
6.6. If you interact with a third-party service linked through our Services, you may be providing information directly to such third party. Please note that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
6.7. We may also disclose your personal data to the following parties for the following purposes:
a) Financial institutions and partners: Third party financial institutions with whom we partner to offer financial products to you, for them to provide joint content and services (such as, registration, transactions, payment processing and customer support). These third-party financial institution partners will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services. When you use any of our paid services, your data may also be disclosed to Stripe Payment Gateway. We encourage you to check their policies with regards to data management before using their services.
b) Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorized by law:
- To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request or legal process relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that exposes us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, device ID, IP address, fraud complaints, offers and listing history.
- To credit agencies or bureaus as authorized by applicable national laws (e.g. information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file).
- To third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court
order or substantially similar legal basis, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
6.9. Please note that all data mentioned herein including but not limited to Google user data are stored, shared, processed in the ways as mentioned in this document and not in any other way.
7) Keeping your personal data secure
7.1. We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data in accordance with our internal security procedures covering its storage, access and destruction.
7.2. We will securely store your data in our Google Cloud store. Standard security provisions of Google Cloud Store will be in place. The database access is also secured using Google authentication service.
8) How long do we retain your personal data
8.1. We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies. We may retain your personal data for an additional period to the extent deletion would require us to overwrite our automated disaster recovery backup systems or to the extent we deem it necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period.
8.2. By providing you with products or services, we create records that contain your information, such as customer account records, activity records, etc Records can be held on a variety of media (physical or electronic) and formats.
8.3. We manage our records to help us to serve our customers well (for example for operational reasons, such as dealing with any queries relating to your account) and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Records help us demonstrate that we are meeting our responsibilities and to keep as evidence of our business activities.
8.4. Retention periods for records are determined based on the type of record, the nature of the activity, product, or service and the applicable local legal or regulatory requirements. We normally keep customer account records for up to 2 years after your relationship with us ends, whilst other records are retained for shorter periods. Retention periods may be changed from time to time based on business or legal and regulatory requirements.
8.5. We will delete your personal data when it is no longer reasonably required for the Permitted Uses as mentioned in Section 4 or you withdraw your consent (where applicable), provided that we are not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue to hold such data.
8.6. We may on exception retain your information for longer periods, particularly where we need to withhold destruction or disposal based on an order from the courts or an investigation by law enforcement agencies or our regulators. This is intended to make sure that the bank will be able to produce records as evidence if they are needed.
8.7 If you would like further information about how long we keep your information, please contact us at dataprotection@RealestateTalk.online)
9) Your rights regarding your personal data
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request us to correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request us to erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions as well as the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities regarding the processing of your personal data.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request us to transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or any questions or comments regarding this policy or our handling of your personal data, please contact us at our email (support@RealEstateTalk.online) or write us at:
Premier Business Centre
47-49 Park Royal Road
Please note that in some cases, if you do not agree to the way we process your information, it may not be possible for us to continue to operate your account and/or provide certain products and services to you.
9) Other Relevant Privacy Information
9.2. Children’s Privacy: Our website(s) and mobile application(s) are general audience websites and not intended for persons below the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users deemed to be children under their respective national laws.